Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diet Log

Monday
Breakfast: 1 scoop protein shake
Lunch: salad with carrots, no dressing
Snacks: almonds
Dinner: stir fry beef with vegetables

Tuesday
Breakfast: 2 scoops protein shake
Lunch: salad with cheddar, no dressing
Snacks: almonds
Dinner:


Only 430 calories, with very few carbs (carbs from a little bit of terriyaki sauce). Tonight's dinner turned out way better than yesterday's. Yesterday's dinner was super dry, over-cooked and sucked.

I need you guys to humiliate me if I mess up on this diet. I've lost about 15 lbs overall since I got back to Salinas and kept it off, but I want to lose 25 pounds more in a year. So I'm trying to follow Tim Ferriss' diet verbatim. The only guidelines are to have 30+ grams of protein in the morning, avoid carbohydrates, and to cheat one day a week. If I miss those guidelines, let me have it!

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, the dish looks super healthy, but super boring/tasteless...how do you combat cravings for a juicy burger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. would salsa be okay for your diet? i like my salads with salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes salsa is great. I'm super used to eating tasteless salad for lunch though.

    I combat the cravings (so far) with the fact that I know I have a cheat day coming up to satisfy my cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to let me know what you come up with regarding low calorie v. healthy and low calorie eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fyi, I heard that changing up your diet ("diet" meaning the foods you are consuming, not just taking out the bad stuff) can help with losing weight because it's making your metabolism work so it's just something to consider if you aren't seeing results for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sungie! Yes I plan on changing things up if I end up plateauing. According to Ferriss' book, the "cheat day" on Saturday is enough to keep the body guessing and changing it up. Then back to consistent low calories, low carb foods Sunday-Friday.

    ReplyDelete